Terms and Conditions
Safety & SecurityWe are committed to making AuthorAdvance a safe environment for our users. While we will take all reasonable steps to protect your safety, we cannot guarantee it. When you use AuthorAdvance, you agree to help protect yourself and others by adhering to the following:
Personal InformationYou may share personal information (such as your real name and contact information) with other users on this site. However, when you do, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk, and agree not to hold AuthorAdvance responsible for any consequences that result.
Registration and passwordYou are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you will be responsible for all usage of your user account and/or user name, whether that use is authorized or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify the site administrator(s) of any unauthorized use of your user account, user name or password.
ConductBy using AuthorAdvance, you agree to the following rules of conduct:
- You agree not to harass, bully, intimidate, threaten or coerce any other users, either through explicit or implied action.
- While you may keep your personal information and identity private, you agree not to impersonate or otherwise assert that you are any individual other than yourself. You also agree not to claim that you represent or are affiliated with any company that you do not actually represent or are affiliated with.
- You agree not to solicit the login information of other users.
- You agree not to use automated computer programs (including but not limited to spiders and screen scraping software) on this site for any purpose whatsoever.
- You agree not to engage in any other actions that may compromise the safety and physical well-being of any AuthorAdvance member.
- You agree not to use AuthorAdvance for any purpose that is unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory.
Posting and Sharing ContentAuthorAdvance is an open community where users post content to share with others. Whenever you post an item on AuthorAdvance, you must adhere to the following provisions:
GeneralWhen you post any content (including but not limited to listings, articles, blogs, forum posts and comments) on AuthorAdvance, you are prohibited from posting the following:
- Libelous or intentionally false information directed at any party, including non-users.
- Pornography or depictions of nudity.
- Hate speech, or threatening speech directed at any individual user or group.
- Commercial postings (including spam) and advertising unless specifically allowed by the AuthorAdvance administrator(s).
- Computer viruses or other malicious code.
- You agree to take all possible steps to ensure that when you post content, your content is appropriate to the section(s) of the site in which it appears.
- You agree not to post any item to which you do not explicitly own the copyright or which is not in the public domain. You may, however, post brief quotes from copyrighted works as long as the posting can be considered "fair use" under applicable laws and the work is properly attributed.
- You understand that posting an article, story, poem, or other work on AuthorAdvance may be considered as "having been published" by any other market or entity with which you may subsequently seek publication for that item.
- AuthorAdvance reserves the right to unpublish or delete any item at any time.
ListingsListings are a special content type which may be contributed to by any registered user on AuthorAdvance. When you contribute a listing to, or edit a listing on, AuthorAdvance, the following provisions apply:
- You agree to post only factual information within the body of a listing, leaving all opinion and conjecture to related comments, blogs, forum and group posts.
- You agree not to post copyrighted content (such as quotes from an agency web site) unless the use of that content can be considered "fair use" and the content is properly attributed.
- You agree not to remove any information contained in a listing unless you have conformation that that information is not longer current or no longer applies.
- You agree that any information you post within a listing may be changed by any other user, including the site administrator(s) at any time.
- You agree to waive all claims of copyright to any content you post within the body of a listing.
Articles and BlogsArticles and Blogs posted by users on AuthorAdvance receive special consideration regarding copyright and ownership. When you post an Article or Blog on AuthorAdvance, the following provisions apply:
- You retain full ownership and copyright to any Article or Blog content you create.
- By posting an Article or Blog on AuthorAdvance, you grant AuthorAdvance the right to display that item, without restriction, on the AuthorAdvance website. You also grant AuthorAdvance the right to preview or post that item, in whole or in part, in related communications, such as newsletters and RSS feeds, for as long as the item remains on the site.
- You may remove an Article or Blog item from the site at any time, at which point, all rights to that item claimed by AuthorAdvance will cease.
- AuthorAdvance reserves the right to perform limited edits (such as masking profanity, adjusting spacing, etc.) to Articles and Blogs that appear on the site. Should we edit an item, we will take all possible precautions to preserve as much of the content and intent of the item as possible.
GroupsWhen you create or participate in a group on AuthorAdvance, the following provisions apply:
- You agree not to exclude any user from membership in a group based on their race or sexual orientation.
- You agree not to operate a group on a for-profit basis, or to charge admission or membership dues for any group. You may, however, restrict membership of a group to those who have paid for an offline membership (such as an offline writers’ group) as long as the offline portion of the membership is significant enough to warrant doing so.